Friday, March 21, 2014

What to wear...

Runners Tell All Link Up: 
Favorite Running Gear & Products 

For those who may not know, this link-up is hosted by the wonderful Amanda at The Lady Okie.  It is only the second link-up and I am loving it already, so go check it out and join in the fun if you haven't already!  This may be a disappointment to some, but I don't really have any fancy products to convince you to use.  But here are the few things that I have found to be pretty essential when it comes to running:



1.  A good pair of running shoes.  My favorite are the Nike Free Runs which describes them perfectly: free.  They are a bit expensive, but I think they are worth it.  Plus the color and style options are endless, and you can even customize your own shoe if you don't like any of their color combos.  They are so lightweight it barely feels like I'm even wearing shoes.  I love how flexible they are so my feet get a full range of motion, and the mesh on the top definitely helps cool off my feet.  These are a must for me. 


2.  A good sports bra.  One of the only times being blessed in the chest can be a bad thing is when you want to run.  The truth of it is, those suckers need to be secure or the run will not be enjoyable.  I really like the Champion brand at Target.  They hold everything in without being suffocating.  The sweat proof ones are a must because they don't leave you feeling all wet and gross.  And best of all, they are pretty affordable and again the color and style options are endless.  I love the reversible ones because it feels like I'm getting two for the price of one!  


3.  A good pair of pants. I got my favorite pair as a gift from the Boyfriend so I don't know where they came from, but they pretty much look like the picture which is a pair from Target.  They are by far my favorite workout pants.  They are made of a spandex type material so they are form fitting but also stretchy which makes them so comfortable!  My favorite thing about them is the little pocket on the inside of the waistline.  It is the perfect size for my house key so I don't have to stick it in my sports bra anymore and worry about possibly losing it! 


4.  There is one gadget that I am loving right now and it is Yurbuds headphones.  Another gift from the Boyfriend but I've seen them at Target or you can buy them online.  I will never use any other ear-buds again.  I have gone through countless pairs trying to find the perfect ones that will stay in my ear, and I have finally found them!  These ear-buds literally stick and lock in your ear.  They have never fallen out which also makes them very good at noise canceling.  And best of all, they come with a little carrying bag so you can't lose them!  My only recommendation for someone would be to pay a little more for the Inspire Duro pair so the cord doesn't tangle.  

One product I have been debating about is an armband.  I am pretty indecisive about my music while running and end up changing the song A LOT.  Any one else do that too?  Would it still be worth it to get an armband? 


13 comments:

  1. You hit it right on the money about the sports bra. It's such a pain for me to find one that has enough support, but doesn't suffocate me. The earbuds look great! Mine are always falling out so I'll check into these as a better option! Thanks for the suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely look into those earbuds, they are the best! :)

      Delete
  2. I totally agree about the key pocket in running trousers - it's such a god send, I would not be able to cope without it. As for an armband for your music, I tried that once and it was just too annoying when I wanted to flick on a song so I'd suggest steering clear of getting one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the pants pocket! Now they just need to make pockets for boots so I can do that when I go out too.

      Delete
  3. I've wondered the same about the armband. I'm a chronic song-shuffler so I don't know if I'd find one useful or annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you feel, I just can't decide!

      Delete
  4. I use an armband and I created a playlist because I'm really picky but I hate to have to touch my phone during my runs. Maybe you should try it with a really inexpensive one and then decide! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wanted the armband so I wouldn't have to hold my phone and worry about it getting sweaty or if I drop it. That's a good idea to just try out a cheap one first. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I have the same shoes. :) I love how "free" they make me feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! I have two pairs but I want another already because I find myself wearing them regularly and not just for running.

      Delete
  6. As far as an armband, I read a study once about how holding something like your phone or ipod in your hand while running is bad for your running posture because you're tensing your arm and thus neck muscles and affecting your stride. I don't know exactly how much truth there is to that, but it kind of makes sense. I would get one if I were you! Thanks so much for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow I never even thought about it affecting posture. Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  7. I love Champion sport bras! I own a few of that brand.

    I have used an arm band but personally I just use the running 'fanny pack'. It can hold my iPhone and I can easily pull it out and change my music. I did once have an arm band and I think I only paid probably $10 - $15 bucks for it.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete